Been learning to cook a couple of new things, just because I'm
always looking for new ideas, and what's convenient to cook in the house .
Learned this week to cook breakfast burritos with eggs, and ground beef. Oh by
the way I've started to make Mexican eggs like Ryan always does, with peppers
and onions and that kind of stuff, but I always add the ingredients for saltine
eggs with it to. I always eat eggs like that now. Also make bean burritos with
rice and ground beef at night.
We had the opportunity to substitute to teach some
priesthood and seminary classes this week. Seminary was hard, as we had to
search and plan the whole lesson out by our own personal study. I cant image
doing that every single day as a teacher, and having to go chapter per chapter.
The classes for preparing youth for the Melchizedek Priesthood was good though, that we had a manual for, and I enjoyed that a lot more. Its different to see
from an older perspective someone who is preparing to receive it when I was
once one of them. Its inspiring to see people young as they are, even though
basically some of them were my same age,(they just seem younger though)
preparing to make these great commitments and talking about a life devoted to
serving the lord.
Guess the same goes for me though, it may seem like its a weird
decision to send youth to preach the gospel, but A) its effective, and b) its
sets them on a good path for the future.
Not always easy though, still struggling here on the mission. It
feels like I've divided my head into two sides, one side that wants to stay
here and keep trying, all the good side, and the other side that just wants to
go home. Finds any excuse to think about going home and negate any positive
reinforcement I've every thought about or written down.
Its a simple but hard solution to "forget yourself and go
to work" as it really is simple, and there is an solution simple to
follow, do what you should be doing, and be obedient, and get to work teaching
the people you should, but for some reason mental stuff keeps popping up.
Id say its pretty much always the negative part of my mind is
active, and its just the other side will pop up every once and a while. I can
see how missions really do take some getting use to.
That being said though I can see how important this is. We had a
district conference for Guanacaste this last weekend, and it was super powerful
to hear some of the people talk and President Wilkinson spoke 3 different
times. Every time he spoke it was super powerful, inspiring, and motivating. I
can see now how prophets in the Book of Mormon or other people would convert
hundreds and hundreds of people. I feel like if President Wilkinson could be a missionary now with all the experience he has, he would have plenty and
plenty of success. No wonder he is a mission president. I feel like one day he
will be a general authority of a sort, 5 apostles have already come to Costa Rica
while he was here to visit with him. Great person, it will be a different
experience when he is gone and we have a new mission president in June.
When I was in the conference I was looking around at all the
people and families and what not. I had a sense of glory come over me, thinking
about the grandeur of everything and how everything fit together. All the
people trying their hardest to live their lives, parents raising their
children, and being a missionary the different mindset you have at these
district conferences. I could feel a glimpse of what it is like for heavenly
father looking down at all of us, billions of us, in our personal lives and the
plan of salvation as a whole, Cool experience.
oh ps I got my first kiss today. wish I got a picture of it, but
my battery on my camera died so I couldn't take it. She was about 20 something
years old, pretty tall for my height. She weighed a little bit more than I did,
and ill be the first to admit she was probably in the uncomfortable range of
"heavy". maybe like 500 pounds or something around there
I had a carrot in my mouth, and she came up and ate it out of my
mouth. I didn't expect the tongue to stretch as long as it was, Giraffes got
tongues up to around 8 inches or so. I don't have a video of myself, but I got
one of some of the other elders feeding them before my battery died. good
times, good times. guess I cant say I've never kissed a girl anymore? maybe?
Ya we went to a place called Africa Safari here, its super big
and crazy cool. The tour we took casted about 80 dollars a person, but one of
the missionaries was good friends with one of the managers, and he is a
member, and we dropped the price down to 8 bucks a person, for 14 of us to. we
saw all kinds of animals, zebras, giraffes, and a bunch of other animals I don't
know their names, cool times though.
Anyways, till next week
Elder Campbell





